A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
a. ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
b. ‘persistent cookies‘ which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
c. ‘third party cookies’ which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
We use a tool which is based on the Snowplow Analytics technology to collect information about your use of the Site. The tool collects information such as how often users access the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, etc. the tool does not collect any Personal Information and is only used by our Site hosting and operating service provider to improve their Site and services.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
In order to present our contents correctly and graphically appealing across all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts) on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font.
- Calling script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the library operator. In theory, it is possible – but currently also unclear whether and, if so, for what purposes – that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
Third party collection of information
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? Personal information you disclose to us In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following: Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data. Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access. Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. Information automatically collected In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps.This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. Information collected through our Apps In Short: We may collect information regarding your mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps. If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information: Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address. Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings. Information collected from other sources In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below). Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps. To enable user-to-user communications with your Consent. We may use your informationin order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent. For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We only share and disclose your information in the following situations: Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any personand illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who performservices for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services,customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to usetracking technology on the Sites or Apps, which will enable them to collect data abouthow you interact with the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to,among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain contentand better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share,sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotionalpurposes.Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, orduring negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of allor a portion of our business to another company. With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purposewith your consent.Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments,contributions or other content to the Sites or Apps) or otherwise interact with public areasof the Sites or Apps, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may bepublicly distributed outside the Sites or Apps in perpetuity. Similarly, other users will beable to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites or Apps,and view your profile.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational andtechnical security measures.We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed toprotect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also rememberthat we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best toprotect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites orApps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using theSites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian ofsuch a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn thatpersonal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivatethe account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. Ifyou become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact usat firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfullyprocessing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local dataprotection supervisory authority. You can find their contact detailshere: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. Ifyou prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies.If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or servicesof our Sites or Apps. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites or Appsvisit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regardingaccess to your personal information.California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits ourusers who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free ofcharge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to thirdparties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties withwhich we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are aCalifornia resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writingto us using the contact information provided below.If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with theSites or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post onthe Sites or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contactinformation provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and astatement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed onthe Sites or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensivelyremoved from our systems.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Rami Hollingsworth, by email at email@example.com, or by post to: Chrome Daily Rami Hollingsworth Killeen, TX United States. Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest news.Sign Up Now